Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Influence of Communication




Communication plays an important role in everyday life. Communication is a never ending process and can be delivered in many different forms. Your communication skills tell a lot about your personality and how well you get along with others. Good communication skills are a must have. However, for those that has trouble communicating with others there are ways to improve your communication skills. Let’s take a look at a few examples to prove the importance of good communication skills in everyday situations.


The impact of technology on communication has become an important factor in communicating with others. If you walk inside any building on my base you will be able to find at least five computers in each building. Everyone has access to these computers and has their own email account set up. There is also an instant messaging chat service used to communicate with individuals located on the base and other bases. The increasing use of email and instant messaging services has decreased the amount of face-to-face conversations. People find it easier and less time consuming to send an email rather than having to get up and leave their office to track down the person they are trying to get in touch with. This is especially true if the person they are trying to contact works in another building.


I find the use of email to be very beneficial in most cases. One of our computers at work disconnected from the printer line and now has no printing capabilities. One of my co-workers was using this computer and had some documents that needed to be printed out to be signed and then needed to be faxed to another agency on base. Instead of my co-worker and I having to log off and switch computers with each other she was able to email me her documents and I was able to print them out for her from my computer. Once her documents were printed she was able to sign them and then we used the scanner connected to the computer I was on to scan her documents. I was then able to send her documents as an attachment and email them back to her and she was able to email them to the agency requesting them. The computers we have at work are slow and take forever for you to log on and off so this process helped us save a lot of time and we were able to accomplish this within a few minutes.


The use of instant messaging services is also useful when communicating with others. I mostly use my instant messaging service to ask someone a quick question instead of calling them or having to walk over to the building they are located in. This help saves time and I can continue working on what I am doing while I am waiting for them to respond to my question. I have noticed sometimes people can get distracted by little questions and I know if I don’t see the person face-to-face than it helps me cut down on unnecessary time standing around talking about things that are not work related. I’m less likely to get distracted if I stay behind my desk and wait for them to respond through the instant messenger because I can stay on task while I’m waiting for their response.

1 comment:

  1. Yes exactly. Communication plays really an important role in our day to day life.
    We have number of various communication paths which are helpful for us to communicate.
    The EnKryptonite application is one of them, which is a revolutionary method to encrypt communication between mobile devices. It is revolutionary because it allows users to encrypt and transmit text messages, photos and video across iOS and Android devices.
    You may download from: Iphone store & Google Play


    ReplyDelete